Delta Airlines offers a Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Program for kids ages 5 to 17 who are traveling solo. The program gives a committed escort to meet the kid at the registration counter, escort them to the entryway, and remain with them until they are given off to the grown-up who will meet them at the objective air terminal.
To book an unaccompanied minor on Delta, you must call Delta Reservations at +1-860-498-9674. When you book, you will need to provide the following information:
- The child’s name, date of birth, and passport information (if traveling internationally)
- The child’s contact information (including the name and phone number of the adult who will be meeting them at the destination airport)
- The child’s medical information (if any)
- The child’s itinerary
- There is a fee of $150 USD/CAD/EUR each way for the Delta Unaccompanied Minor Program. The fee applies to travel within the United States and International nonstop and connecting flights.
Here are the age requirements for the Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Program:
- Children age 5 to 7 must be booked on nonstop flights.
- Children ages 8 to 17 can be booked on nonstop or connecting flights.
- Children ages 15 to 17 can choose to use the Unaccompanied Minor Program, but it is not mandatory.
Here are some tips for traveling with an unaccompanied minor on Delta:
- Make sure the child is familiar with the airport and the check-in process.
- Give the child a copy of their itinerary and contact information for the adult who will be meeting them at the destination airport.
- Pack a bag for the child that includes snacks, drinks, and a change of clothes.
- Be sure to arrive at the airport early so that the child has plenty of time to check in and go through security.
- Stay in touch with the child throughout the flight.
- Meet the child at the gate at the destination airport and escort them to the adult who will be picking them up.
I hope this information is helpful!